A close relative to Ginger, Cardamom is known as an expensive cooking spice and for being beneficial to the digestive system in a variety of ways. Cardamom is commonly used to help soothe occasional stomach discomfort.* Its distinct scent can promote a positive mood. Cardamom also has profound effects on the respiratory system due to its high 1,8-cineole content, which promotes clear breathing and respiratory health.* Native to Southeast Asia, Cardamom is added to traditional Indian sweets and teas for its cool, minty aroma and flavor. Cardamom essential oil is extracted from Cardamom seeds grown in Guatemala, using our strict pure therapeutic testing standards. Through a collaborative and responsible sourcing arrangement, we are able to have a significant impact on the lives of local partners, ensuring that these farming communities enjoy improved livelihoods.
- Diffuse or apply topically to promote feelings of clear breathing.
- Add to bread, smoothies, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.*
- Diffuse or inhale for a sense of openness and mental clarity.
- Flavorful spice for cooking and baking for great Indian flavor.
- Breathe in for sense of openness and clear head.
- Blends well with Lavender and Clove.
- Apply to chest while planting flowers or cutting grass.
- Take a drop or two internally after over indulging at dinner.*
- Delivers a cooling sensation on skin.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.